Mission Hill Main Streets is a local, grassroots effort of businesses, organizations, institutions, and residents. Our diversity is our strength. We strive to promote, preserve, and revitalize the Mission Hill neighborhood. We work together to retain and expand area businesses, improve business facades and the streetscape, and promote the business district. Our goal is to ensure that Mission Hill will continue to be an enjoyable community in which to live, work, visit, dine, and shop.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
• Coordinate efforts to market and promote the business district
• Coordinate economic revitalization efforts in the MHMS district
• Staff, coordinate, and implement the work of the volunteer committees
• Coordinate organization fundraising activities, including grant writing and special events fundraising,
• Develop promotional materials and events, and maintain the organization's web site,
E-newsletter and other outreach material
• Develop and promote the Elder Friendly Business Initiative
• Overall management and administration of the organization including the management of: record keeping, budget development, office administration, accounting, maintaining data systems, database development, and monthly reporting to the Board and Boston Main Streets
• Represent organization at local and city-wide meetings and events.
The Executive Director must be a self-starter, entrepreneurial, imaginative, well organized and capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment.
The position reports to a volunteer Board of Directors.
Education and/or experience in one or more of the following areas are desirable:
Commercial district management, economics, finance, public relations, marketing, planning, business administration, public administration, and fund raising and small business development.
• Familiarity with City of Boston government and agencies
• Demonstrated ability to motivate people and coordinate activities in a volunteer-run organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues confronting small businesses
• Familiarity with QuickBooks, MS Office applications, design software, and Constant Contact preferred
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends
HOW TO APPLY:
The deadline for submitting resumes is March 15, 2010.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to:
Or send to:
Mission Hill Main Streets Personnel Committee
1534 Tremont Street,
Mission Hill Main Streets is an equal opportunity employer